Sam Francisco

Just stuff about me, Sam, living in San Francisco

Monday, May 31, 2004

Another Birthday

Sunday May 30th 2004

Yesterday we celebrated the birthday of our good friend Vinny who decided he wanted to mark the special occasion with a trip to bet on the horsies. This led to us driving about 30 minutes South on the 101 in the direction of race track Bay Meadows.
This is a great day out! It only costs $3 to get in (plus $4 per car for parking). Betting starts with bets as low as just $2. In the few hours we were there we went from being completely lost with absolutely no idea what to do, to avidly reading the betting papers, dashing down to view the horses and putting increasingly exotic bets on our favourites. By the time it came to the last race (and with no lucky winners under my belt) I was finally confident that horses 5 and 1 were going to come in the top two places so I boxed an 'Exacta' bet on the pair of them for $4. Sure enough my chosen two did not let me down and I won $10.20. Since then I have been kicking myself that I didn't invest more on that last race.
  • See what Vinny baked us for dinner here
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home